Monday, September 3, 2007

Why does it matter anyway?

This is my first blog. I decided to write this so that I have a place to put my opinions and ideas, where people who are interested can read them. I am not a genius, a political strategist or a politician. I am a wife, a mom, and a citizen of the United States. I love this country. I love our constitution and our bill of rights. I am frustrated as I see how many people just don't care about anything anymore. I speak with friends and associates and they refuse to even vote. They ask me why it matters, and what difference their vote can make. I hope that I can answer those questions in these blogs. We can't give up if we fail in our first attempts, we must keep fighting. As Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of Britain once said, "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win." I consider this a battle: of ideals, of values, and of our freedoms.

I refuse to lie down and do nothing as I watch our country flush down the toilet. Edmund Burke once said, "It is necessary only for the good man [or woman] to do nothing for evil to triumph." If those of us who care about our children, the future of this nation, and the condition of our freedoms don't try to make the world better, then evil will prevail. Surely, we will have to answer to God for wasting this beautiful gift of freedom he has given us. At the very least, even if no one reads my blogs, I will be able to vent my frustrations.

If you are on top of current events, then more power to you. My blog might add to your information, and it will give you my opinion, if you care. If you don't know much about what is happening in this nation and how it affects you, I hope that this blog will help to inform you. I am unashamedly conservative, but I will always try to write the truth; even if it shows my preferences unfavorably. However, I am conservative for a reason; I have learned, studied, and chosen my side. So, regardless of how unbiased I will try to be, I believe by nature that a conservative position will show more favorably.

If I get something wrong, I ask in advance for your forgiveness. As George Washington said, "When a man does all he can, though it succeeds not well, blame not him that did it." This is my small attempt to make a difference in the world. I hope this will give you ideas about what you can do to help change the world. In the blogs that follow over the next week or so, I will be discussing the candidates for President of the United States. This race is of tremendous importance. I hope that those who read this will make the decision to vote and take action for what they believe is right. You see, "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." --Thomas Jefferson

No comments: